2186 3rd St #107, White Bear Lake, MN 55110, USA
1.5
Turnaround Time

Working with Bear Roofing was one of the worst experiences of our life. I wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy.

My husband and I had bought a house and the wood siding needed to be painted in order for the sale to go through. The sellers offered to put on new siding and pay a portion of it, so we agreed. They chose Bear Roofing to do it, so we had no say in choosing the company. Turns out the seller’s realtor and the owner of Bear Roofing are brother and sister, so it was very “convenient” that Bear Roofing was chosen.

Under the terms of the sale of the house, we as the buyers got to choose the color of the siding. We scheduled an appointment and went in to meet with Greg from Bear Roofing, told him we just wanted the house to be the same color it is now and brought a photo of the house to show him. Greg said it is too hard to choose siding color based on a photo and he HAD to go to the house one day with samples to find the best color match. We didn’t really care that much, a simple beige color would have been fine.

But Greg absolutely insisted. He said he would have something for us by the end of the week. Well the end of the week rolled around and we hadn’t heard anything from Bear Roofing. I called and of course Greg wasn’t available to talk so I left a message.

A few days later we hadn’t heard back, so I called again and again, Greg wasn’t available. I expressed my extreme frustration at the situation- all we needed to do was pick a color! We were ready to do it at the first meeting and here two weeks had passed. The reception assured me they were working with the sellers to get a color picked out and everything would be fine.

I then told her that we as the buyers were picking the color and she became very confused. She basically hung up on me and then a few hours later I received a message from Greg with a color choice. We then sent it to our realtor and almost immediately she responded and said that color Greg chose was way too dark. She said there was no way he actually went to the house and chose this color because it is way off.

She said she would go to the house with her design team and pick a better matching color. Within a few hours she had sent us multiple pictures of samples and the color Greg picked looked nothing like the current color of the house. It was way darker! We ended up picking a color that closely matched the current color of the house and Bear Roofing was able to get the siding on the house before the closing date.

We then moved in and the house looked great. However, we discovered that they took the window shutters off and never put them back on, which was disappointing because we liked them. They also took the address numbers off the house and never put them back on, so now we don’t have an address on the house and that is another expense we need to pay for. Also, now that the snow is melting off our back deck there are giant staples and nails EVERYWHERE, which also means that they did not clean up after themselves.

So we will need to clean our deck free of nails and staples before people in sandals or bare feet walk on it. The attached picture shows all the nails and staples that are currently lying on our deck (in yellow).

All in all it was a horrible experience and I have no idea how they are still in business. I would never use them again and I would never recommend them to anyone I know.

Review about: Bear Roofs House Painting.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

Comments